PDA

View Full Version : Information about Guild Wars

Gedan
10-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Ascalon is at war, fighting the Charr invading from the North. The fight is not going well, but the Great Northern Wall always protects Ascalon from the worst of the threat. However, the Charr find a way past the wall, and increase their attacks. It is in this setting the player begins a new character and completes initial training quests.

Developer: ArenaNet
Platform: PC

Offical Website: http://www.guildwars.com/

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 03:35 PM
It's good for a while untill you reach level 20 and finish all the missions, then it just slowly runs out of interest. The pvp is really intense. I remember on my old computer it would always lag as hell when those crazy asians bombed me with spells. I'm thinking about buying the new expansion back too, but not too sure about it. I got Factions already and a level 20 Assasin/Mesmer...

Anyone played Nightfall yet and got any oppinions about it?

The Bum
10-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Hmm.. i might need to go back to this game again, i havent even tried the PvP yet (not much at least)

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 06:37 PM
Hmm.. i might need to go back to this game again, i havent even tried the PvP yet (not much at least)

What expansion packs do you have?

The Bum
10-29-2006, 07:15 PM
I dont have any expansions

Quazimodo
10-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Ah, well. That sucks lol, The assasins are fun to PVP with.

Silveraxe
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
My friend has just played the game....WoW is really much better, not by quality but by the kind of story...

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 04:41 PM
My friend has just played the game....WoW is really much better, not by quality but by the kind of story...

I didnt think the story of WoW was good at all compared to the Warcraft strategy series. It just branched out in smaller more in-important stories about random characters in the world that we had never heard of before. I wanna know what happend to Arthas!

The Bum
10-30-2006, 04:47 PM
Your get to know what happened to arthas in the second or the third expansion of wow

Quazimodo
10-30-2006, 04:51 PM
oh cool, better tell me than! hope it'll be a story that the players can affect, so if Arthas is in the game you the alliance and horde as to fight him back, and if they dont manage it he manifests the world more... but sure that wont happend, he'll be instanced in frostmourne..

Mozq
11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
This game becomes boring quickly.

Amoras
11-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Great game, amazing graphics... kinda boring

jackthe7th
02-11-2007, 07:34 PM
the second expansion is actually a huge improvement over the origional game. They really step it up. The missions are fun, and are really smooth playing with no glitches. The only problem with the game is the creatures you have to kill are ridiculously strong for their level, and if they can heal themselves, you will be fighting for a very long time. The LOS for the characters is also amazingly stupid. If a character enters your little bubble of LOS then that character attacks you, plus all the creatures around the origional creature, so sometimes you might pull like 20 mobs because of the way the mobs are layed out and patrol things. You cant do anything solo because of the difficulty of the mobs so unless you have a full party of people or the extremely crappy computer guys you cant do anything.

serena110
10-25-2007, 03:01 AM
I don't know whether I will affend others or not, for I don't think so high of this game. I think maybe it is a miniature of WOW. It is only my opinion, GW has its own advantage, and after all it is one of the most popular games at present.

NATHAN YOUNG
11-27-2007, 02:44 PM
{~._.~}
( Y )
()~*~()
(_)-(_)

mmoway
09-06-2010, 05:02 AM
cool, Thx for sharing you infomation