PDA

View Full Version : blur after rendering

vegito254
01-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Ok I got a little quality problem. There are two screenshots to show you what the problem is. The first screenshot is my frapsed footage and as you can see it's pretty nice quality. The second one is after rendering my video to Xvid AVI using this guide -->Guide: Encoding your World of Warcraft movie (XviD or WMV) by Thiras. As you can see the quality goes down a bit and the movie gets a bit blury. I used the guide step by step. I tried out a few things on my own but I donnow what is causing this. Anyone got any ideas? I would really like to keep the original quality. Also tried the WMV settings but that gives the same result.You can see it best looking at the text in the chatbox.

screenshots
------------
frapsed footage:

http://img164.imageshack.us/my.php?image=frapsvid3qt.jpg

recorded on 1152-864 resolution

after rendering to AVI:
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=afterrenderingavi8uk.jpg

Thnx in advance :top:

Valamir
01-21-2007, 01:55 AM
I am unsure how many Mbps you are encoding at, try 4 Mbps if it allows you to select that type of thing, also match the encoding rez with the recording rez, see if that helps.

vegito254
01-21-2007, 06:20 AM
I am unsure how many Mbps you are encoding at, try 4 Mbps if it allows you to select that type of thing, also match the encoding rez with the recording rez, see if that helps.

Ok rez matching works then I keep the quality but then when the picture moves some times the images start to bleed. So that's no good :)

As for the Mbps I 'm still a bit of a noob at encoding and donnow where to find this in vegas 6. Can I get a bit more details on this one ?

Thx for the help so far mate :top:

Valamir
01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
Ah. vegas, what you do is when you are ready to render the piece you are working on is go into the File menu and select "Render as...", then select the file type you want to use such as WMV or AVI, then choose your template and then click on "custom", there are tabs on the bottom of this new window that pops up, go ahead and click on the video tab, from this window you can adjust the rez and the Mbps. To adjust the image size select "(custom)" from the drop down menu and then click on the Bit Rate tab on the bottom when you have adjusted the image size, put a check mark in "Internet/LAN" and change what ever is in the field to the right of it to "4 M". As a side note you can also go to the project tab and select Best from the Video Rendering Quality drop down menu. After you have don all that you can look towards the top of the Custom Template window, there is a picture of a floppy disk, by clicking that, it will allow you to save this template for later use under a custom name. Enjoy!

vegito254
01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Thnx for all the help Valamir! I'll give it a try :)