PDA

View Full Version : New movie, looking for criticism

Damorith
10-19-2006, 07:40 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2625198604498556371&q=damorith&hl=en

Hosted it on google video, was just easier. Will put on warcraft movies soon, until then have any kind of criticism? We could of done harder stuff if we would of resorted to pathing exploits, but we decided to not puss out.

Warlock and Hunter duo strat, scholo etc.

Any comments are appreciated :)

Punchline
10-19-2006, 11:04 AM
I'll check it out when I get back from my classes. :)

alg
10-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Well I just watched that and music could've been better, I personally didn't like it :P Nice movie, you did good job!

Ohyi
10-19-2006, 12:46 PM
well played and ''good'' pve music ;) normaly I don't like PvE movies but this one was good.

DustBin_Lid
10-22-2006, 01:55 AM
I'm gonna be quite brutal and don't get me wrong i never much enjoyed the movie and this is all suggestion for improvement. Intro: Nice music is works well but its obvious that the shots have been speeded up and while I can understand why this has been done i dont personnally think it works that well. The animations for your names is great tho, particulary like the hunters. Also the music builds up really nicely and the energy is high, but then it falls and is lost, maybe try and keep that energy and go straight into the pull rather than lose it and it then kinda builds again with the start of the pull but not aswell. Also while is a nice idea to have switching provs I think you sometimes do this too often also using a constant "snap" change of prov is bit dull. You have the footage to do some nice editing and if you have the programs you could do some really nice stuff with it, split screen etc. The music is nice for the movie and goes well and the content is good, gj guys. Few changes in editing and not so many "snaps" and it be great. GJ

Damorith
10-22-2006, 05:06 AM
Intro: Nice music is works well but its obvious that the shots have been speeded up and while I can understand why this has been done i dont personnally think it works that well.

Also while is a nice idea to have switching provs I think you sometimes do this too often also using a constant "snap" change of prov is bit dull. You have the footage to do some nice editing and if you have the programs you could do some really nice stuff with it, split screen etc. The music is nice for the movie and goes well and the content is good, gj guys. Few changes in editing and not so many "snaps" and it be great. GJ

This was the first move we've ever shot and edited, the intro was only sped up to make the zoom faster other then that most of it is the default speed. Some parts of the actual boss fights had some minor speed adjustments to fit it to the music though. And as you noticed, we ended up making the intro way better then we expected and found it really hard to keep the rest of the video at the same quality.

Also, we are starting to get clips for another film using the same kind of point of veiw shots because with out them the fights were boring. Could you explain what you meant by the "snap change of prov"? We will be using both your and other suggestions we've received for our next video, so feel free to specify any other changes you'd like to see.
Thanks again for the help :)

PS: We are using Adobe PS and Premiere

Daghur
10-22-2006, 08:54 AM
I agree with what the people above me have already said.
Work a bit on making it a bit more entertaining. The footage itself is great!

Were you on ventrilo/Teamspeak while you did this, if so it'd be great if you added some comments from ventrilo to the movie :)