PDA

View Full Version : Shadows with modelviewer?

Tryton
02-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi all

I use wow modelviewer for my movies a lot and I was wondering if there is a way to make shadows to make the models look better and not so fake. I heard that there is a way to do this with adobe premiere (I think the effect was called drop shadows), but I'm working with vegas. Does anybody know if you can make shadows with Vegas?

kiahann
02-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I know you can turn on "Realistic lighting" and also change the "tint" of the model to make it look like your in a dungeon or something...

stormrager
02-17-2007, 07:05 PM
The only way I know how to do it is in Premiere and After Effetcs sorry.

godliest
02-18-2007, 10:21 AM
The only way I know how to do it is in Premiere and After Effetcs sorry.

And how do u do it in Premiere and After Effects?

Martinfalch
02-18-2007, 06:11 PM
It seems to be a wellkept secret ;)

Anyhow, here's how I do it in After Effects: basically copy your model, put it in a lower layer, fill it black, set opacity lower, blur the layer slightly and resize/reform the layer so that it fits with how you want the shadow to look - ofc all this becomes more logical once you've done the first steps !

//Maquan - Martin

deadworkersparty
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Here's a tutorial, hope this helps...
http://www.layersmagazine.com/3d2d-shadows.html

Tryton
02-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all the help. I have been experimenting a bit with realistic lighting and found some nice ways to make the models look better.

I also got Adobe After effects pro but I still have to learn to work with it. BTW is it possible to make a movie with both vegas and after effects, or should I use adobe premiere and after effects?

Thiras
02-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks for all the help. I have been experimenting a bit with realistic lighting and found some nice ways to make the models look better.

I also got Adobe After effects pro but I still have to learn to work with it. BTW is it possible to make a movie with both vegas and after effects, or should I use adobe premiere and after effects?

Vegas and after effects dont work together.

Z.x
02-26-2007, 08:59 PM
There's a way to use both vegas and aftereffects, kind of.

This isn't really recommended because AE can pretty much do everything that Vegas can + more, and it can slightly reduce the quality of your final render. It's more for if you know how to do certain effects with AE, and certain effects with Vegas, want to combine both, but don't want to spend the time learning how to do it all in AE:

Edit in the effects you want to use with AE, on the raw frapsed files, then render that file at a very high bitrate (like 10M). Put that rendered file into Vegas and edit it with whatever other effects you want to combine on top of the AE ones. Then render that at the final bitrate your video file is going to be.

Makesfolkslose
03-05-2007, 01:11 AM
I use Vegas and this is a problem for me as well. A very bland, and probably obvious solution is to create a shadow-esque form on a green (or blue, whatever you use) background in a paint program. Then you integrate it into the movie and manually move it around with the character. I tried this out and it's pretty simple to do but the shadow obviously doesn't resemble the character.