PDA

View Full Version : Vegas (7.0) & Audio Codecs

Nsftw
02-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Ever since changing to Vegas 7.0 for video editing, I've been having issues with audio compression. Before I started using Vegas my normal method of encoding was to export the uncompressed video file and then import it into Virtual Dub and encode it with Xvid/LAME. However once I started using Vegas, whenever I tried using a high bit-rate version of LAME, it would return the error message "Problem opening Codec" (Or words to that effect).

This problem persisted with compression in Vegas itself and several different codecs that I tried until I finally worked out that I was able to encode using a very low quality version of LAME. This however, murdered the quality of the audio. I'm about to start a new movie but first I really want to get this issue sorted, does anyone have a clue what could be causing it? Also note that the program I used before Vegas was Adobe Premiere Pro and I had no issue with encoding.

stormrager
02-19-2007, 02:06 PM
The reason why it does that is because Vegas does not support as many audio codecs as Virtualdub does. You are better off exporting it uncompressed like you were doing.

Thiras
02-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah simple as that. Vegas doesn't support LAME and because the sony devs are well.. lame and dont listen to their customers it probably wont change.