PDA

View Full Version : Speeding up clips in Windows Movie Maker

Giganthrax
02-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Okay, so I'm using Windows Movie Maker. Yes, I know its a bad program for movie editing, but hey, I'm completely oblivious to how all this movie stuff works so, a program made for dummies suits me perfectly.

Anyway, I want to speed up my clips by about 15-20%. However, from what I can see, Windows Movie Maker only offers the 50% speed increase/decrease.

Is it possible to determine the exact speed increase % or do I really need to learn to use Adobe Premiere/Vegas?

deadworkersparty
02-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Your right, WMM is very basic but it's a really good starting place for learning the timeline paradigm. However, now that you require more advanced control of your footage, learning Vegas or Premiere would be the next best step.

Giganthrax
02-20-2007, 12:35 AM
My only problem is that I can't understand how to save a movie file in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 without it drasticaly losing quality. I have no idea about codecs, encoding and all that stuff. I'm absolutely clueless.

Result is, clips end up being ultra-small resolution, horribly pixelated etc.

The timeline, transitions, effects and all the other editing (credits, commentary, soundtrack etc.) is of absolutely no problem. I already made a video in WMM and I dare say it was well edited (especialy for a first effort), but the main problem is: while I play, its a fast ride, but when I actualy want the footage, it ain't as quick paced as I'd like it to be, and a small 20% speed increase does so much to make the thing more dynamic.

For this reason only, I have to use another program, and so far, Premiere Pro 2.0 has me miserable, since I don't know how to configure it to preserve video resolution/quality.

godliest
02-20-2007, 06:48 AM
I myself started editing some time ago and I didn't knew anything about codecs or editing. I started of with the basic WMM and then went over to Adobe Premier Pro and after that to Sony Vegas, learning the programs. Sure, the learning process took me some time, but I have finally learn it, now I'm off to learning to encode.

I'm atm only trying different codecs and encodings to see what difference between the result there is until I find one I like.