PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on pvp movies

zupie
02-19-2007, 11:05 PM
I know i may be the only one like this, but too many people on warcraftmovies.com flagging there video as PVP and it has so much editing and RP style stuff (like walking with a female character doing emotes,etc)

That stuff really annoys me, personally a pvp video should just be pvp.
- Start with showing GEAR/SPEC
- end with listing of music used
- And everything else should be nothing but pvp

Also people that use excessive comments like "ZOMG POT" or "LAWL DRAMA" just leave that crap out. Using a pot in pvp just means he is a faster clicker than you (keybindings or not)

I dont rate bad on this stuff but its getting so annoying because its becoming much more apparent in all pvp videos. Reading comments in otherguys latest video so many people are bitching about 0 editing. My god, pvp videos should just be PVP, not all this star wipe crap, boring 5min intros, rping with characters.

I just watched a Shaman PVP video flagged as 'PVP', and yet 80% of the video is him doing RP stuff. Complete waste of time and bandwidth.

So what are your likes/dislikes when it comes to just PVP videos.

Valamir
02-20-2007, 01:01 AM
PvP has many forms, if they want to tell a short story with it they can, furthermore if you have an issue with the movie you should be aiming that directly at the author because they made the video. We have no affiliation with the author other than us hosting the premium links and their account. It is the author's sole decision to label it PvP, RP, Story-line, ect.

godliest
02-20-2007, 05:44 AM
I prefer PvP videos containing alot of editing and maybe some rp in it. PvP movies use to get boring after some time, if u have watched alot that is, and editing usually makes the video more interesting. I'm not saying that editing must be a part of a PvP video, but since it is an option then I rate down movies without good editing.

An intro to a PVP movie is pretty common and can sometimes be boring, but if the intro is made good u will want to watch more of the movie.

RP in PvP is also pretty common and I think it also fits into PvP movies. Add some PvP, RP, a long enough into and some nice editing and u have the perfect balance. Balance is best (feral is slightly better maybe...)