PDA

View Full Version : Typing Text

Vandalist
02-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm working on this movie right now, its amazing, its something nobodys ever done before involving wow and I know its going to be a hit when I finish it,

but anyways, i ran into a problem...

Typing-Text, I need it badly to make this work. Not text that just appears, and then fades, so on, but I need a way to make the text type itself out (the transition in would have it like:

The Sentence: The airplane crashed.

Frame 1: T
Frame 2: Th
Frame 3: The
Frame 4: The A
Frame 5: The Ai
Frame 6: The Air

you get the idea..... I could do it manually in sony vegas but it would take AGES for the amount of text I plan to use. Any ideas? I use sony vegas but i'm unable to find a way to do it except frame by frame.

godliest
02-20-2007, 07:45 PM
What's wrong with frame by frame? If you want the best you must work your butt off to get the best, or so...

Rothicol
02-20-2007, 08:02 PM
Godliest tells the true. <nods>

stormrager
02-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Go get After Effects. They have a typing preset. 30 day trial: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?loc=en&product=after%5Feffects

Punchline
02-21-2007, 01:34 AM
What's wrong with frame by frame? If you want the best you must work your butt off to get the best, or so...

Yep. You gotta work at it. Especially if you think it'll be a hit.

Vandalist
02-21-2007, 03:43 AM
Because it would take 3+ weeks of work to get the text right frame by frame, which is pointless if theres an easier way to do it in 5% of the time...

stormrager
02-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Like I said get the After Effects Trial and they have an animation preset for it.