mmorpgforum.net

mmorpgforum.net (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Productions (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=99)

Sylvictus 10-19-2006 01:31 PM

Productions

Sry about title, dunno what to call it. Enable us to create "production companies" so to speak. As it is now, all downloads are registred to the Author, but if many ppl release a movie, only one person gets them. Then it would be much better if all those persons could create a "movie maker grp" together, for example "PITA productions", if they release a movie everyone in that group will get downloads registred. (its only fair, if 6 ppl work on a movie, and only 1 get downloads its not so kind to the rest)

Hehe, hard to explain what I mean. Hope you understand. Ask me in this thread or on mIRC if you want to know something or if I just explained bad.:redface: :top:

kiahann 10-19-2006 04:29 PM

Interesting Idea.

Uzbeki 10-19-2006 07:24 PM

This something we will take a look at this in future site updates. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Punchline 10-19-2006 09:13 PM

Ya, nice idea. Though, my machinma company is just me. :p

Terwilliger 10-21-2006 06:29 AM

You mean like a studio, where there are details on the studio. Like WiP's and future projects. Players in the studio and their specs and info. And the option to be able to upload a movie as an individual.

Yeh, yeh

alg 10-21-2006 01:41 PM

/sign :) Nice idea.

Valamir 10-21-2006 06:07 PM

In the past what people have done is make one account labeled after their production team. They then give out the account info to those they want to have access to the account. It has worked in the past, wouldn't this be a much easier way to do it rather than having multiple accounts?

ID=Music 10-21-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valamir (Post 648)
In the past what people have done is make one account labeled after their production team. They then give out the account info to those they want to have access to the account. It has worked in the past, wouldn't this be a much easier way to do it rather than having multiple accounts?

Some people, for say just 1 movie, collaberate and want credit due to all persons involved. They still want their uniqueness on the site and if they don't want to do other productions together, then this would allow them to do just that.

Your idea would work for people who constantly do movies together, and I've seen that as well, but Sylvictus's idea would work on a more broad basis.

Sylvictus 10-22-2006 01:08 AM

Well... the idea was more based on the "personal gain" kind of thing. For example, if person A, B and C makes a movie together as an account called "ABC productiosn" and it goes so extremely well that it gets them to Hall of Fame, then the Hall of Fame will be given to "ABC productions" instead of persons A,B and C. (hope you get the point... :P)

Anyway, had a chat with Uzbeki on mIRC and looks like this might see the light of day in a future site upgrade. Lets hope it comes to pass. =)

Gaffonis 10-23-2006 03:30 PM

nice idea :D

Forum time (GMT) 08:39 PM