mmorpgforum.net

mmorpgforum.net (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/index.php)
-   Movie Making (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Ventrilo in movies (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=2318)

sasserster 10-24-2007 04:30 AM

Ventrilo in movies

I have seen a few movies that have vent convo's in their movies. How is this accomplished.

InsomniAddict 10-24-2007 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasserster (Post 12955)
I have seen a few movies that have vent convo's in their movies. How is this accomplished.

You can do that with fraps, sure there are other ways too, but fraps is easy, just check the Record Sound box, and it will record any talking on vent as well and record the video ^.^

Terwilliger 10-24-2007 05:33 AM

Whenever I record sound with it, I can record other peoples voices, just not mine o_o

wow we just posted at like the same time!

freaky

Thiras 10-24-2007 07:58 AM

Aye the sound system of windows XP is rather restricted.

At any time there can only be 1 in/output for the entire system.

Fraps wants to record the "mix" channel, ventrilo wants to (transmit) "record" your microphone. They fixed it in Vista though, each application can now choose its own source for audio recording.

The MC 10-24-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thiras (Post 12959)
Aye the sound system of windows XP is rather restricted.

At any time there can only be 1 in/output for the entire system.

Fraps wants to record the "mix" channel, ventrilo wants to (transmit) "record" your microphone. They fixed it in Vista though, each application can now choose its own source for audio recording.

Tell me about it. I wanted to record game sound whit Fraps but leave out Ventrilo. Its doable, but i wanted to have both, game sound and Vent on headphones, turned out that wasn't possible. But i discovered if i change the sound setting to the monitors speakers, start fraps and WoW then change em back to headhpones and start Vent, it worked to have WoW on speakers and Vent on headphones. It may be simpler whit new WoW sound controls or Vent controls now though.

X-Booze 10-25-2007 09:52 AM

Don't use fraps to record sound but Soundforge !
There is an option in Windows XP that allows you to record your voice and ventrilo voices, altough it could also be my soundcard ( Audigy 2 Platinum Ex )
But fraps is a BIG NO to record sound ! Use Soundforge instead ! :)

I will make a video tutorial once I get home and upload it

Best Regards

X-Booze

Thiras 10-25-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Booze (Post 13041)
Don't use fraps to record sound but Soundforge !
There is an option in Windows XP that allows you to record your voice and ventrilo voices, altough it could also be my soundcard ( Audigy 2 Platinum Ex )
But fraps is a BIG NO to record sound ! Use Soundforge instead ! :)

I will make a video tutorial once I get home and upload it

Best Regards

X-Booze

Nothing wrong with the fraps sound recorder under vista, considering it just works when you hit the record button. Fiddling with a 3rd app seems like overkill.

dwparty 10-29-2007 01:25 PM

You could also use teamspeak. It has a built in recording option for the audio.

Birdfall 11-30-2007 04:04 AM

Having the same problem on XP. Will post if I find a solution, or if any of the recommendations work.

Thiras 11-30-2007 09:59 AM

Oh gee. I'm not even gonna begin to debunk all this crap. Think before you post or don't post. And don't res 1 month old threads if there aint a reason.

Forum time (GMT) 05:17 AM