mmorpgforum.net

mmorpgforum.net (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/index.php)
-   Movie Making (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Guide: Encoding your World of Warcraft movie (XviD or WMV) by Thiras (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=16)

Uzbeki 10-17-2006 12:35 PM

Guide: Encoding your World of Warcraft movie (XviD or WMV) by Thiras

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/articleview.php?id=21

Comments at the bottom of that page - Before asking questions, read the comments to make sure there answer isn't there already.

Note: Originally posted by Thiras on the old forum.

RancidJelly 05-17-2007 03:41 AM

Hiya

This is possibly the best XviD encoding guide ever, but there's one bit that has me stumped.

Where Thiras talks about the Quantization options he appears to contradict himself. He writes "You want all "Max something-frame quantizer"-s to be at 2." whereas in the image he posted all the Min settings are set to 2 and all the Max set to 31.

So my question is, which should i use? Min at 2 (as the image shows) or Max at 2 (as he has written)?

Thanx to anyone that can answer this, i checked at the bottom of the page for questions but could not find anything :)

Thiras 05-21-2007 08:28 PM

Eh, like the picture. Oops. :)

So 2 min, 31 max. Ty for the kind words :)

jagarock 06-11-2007 07:11 PM

isnt this guide kinda outdated now since it was written almost a year ago?

anyway i tried your xvid guide, but something went wrong.
did it exactly as said, save the firstpass file, 1minute test file, it comes out as roughly 1MB file, when i play it in VLC/WMP it shows nothing.
i render the movie again with second pass, but i get an error saying "statsfile not found", and then "an error occurred while creating balbalbala.avi. no compatible video codec was found".

what i dont get however is what is the point of the first rendered file?
if you want me to open that file after saving it and then render from that file, then you must say, or else i end up with 2 files, one firstpass, and one secondpass.

yes i downloaded latest xvid codec from that link, installed, rebooted.

i have vista BTW if that is of any relevance.

jagarock 06-11-2007 07:43 PM

forget the whole post, i found out what was wrong.
it saved the firstpass file without the .pass, so it didnt find the file when i did second pass. you should type it in your guide, click "more" on both first and secondpass and specifically type in the filename.

like this: "hello.pass" (including the ""'s)
if you just type hello, it will be stored as hello without any file-ending, so you must look for *.* when your looking for it in secondpass.

Thiras 06-12-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagarock (Post 9333)
forget the whole post, i found out what was wrong.
it saved the firstpass file without the .pass, so it didnt find the file when i did second pass. you should type it in your guide, click "more" on both first and secondpass and specifically type in the filename.

like this: "hello.pass" (including the ""'s)
if you just type hello, it will be stored as hello without any file-ending, so you must look for *.* when your looking for it in secondpass.

It saves the pass by itself if you don't change anything, at least in XP, dunno about Vista. But YW, gl with your movie :)

jagarock 06-12-2007 11:12 AM

yes there was a need to change in vista, but im sure it should work like you say in xp.

Googles 07-15-2007 12:29 AM

doesn't work as of july 15th, 2007

Thiras 07-15-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Googles (Post 10060)
doesn't work as of july 15th, 2007

Fancy that.

Some information could be helpful sir.

terraburn 08-01-2007 12:33 PM

I used this guide to setup my render in vegas, and a "Bit rate VBR" seems to do a double pass encode, making the bit rate twice as much. As a result, my movie is far bigger than it needs to be.

Any advice?

Forum time (GMT) 04:15 PM