mmorpgforum.net

mmorpgforum.net (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/index.php)
-   Anything wrong? (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   My fame dropped from 85 to 80... (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=1865)

Punchline 08-14-2007 01:58 AM

My fame dropped from 85 to 80...

I've been a member of the Warcraft Movies community for a long time now, and today my fame dropped from 80 to 85. This kinda makes me angry because it took a LONG time to get that fame up.

P.S. - I don't know if this has anything to do with the fame loss or not, but today I also received a 'comment deletion' PM about trolling in a comment. First off, in my opinion, it's not even CLOSE to what other people say about other movies. My comment was...

3/2/1/2 This is the best of your movies, but it still sucks. The editing is terrible and the GameCam watermark makes me want to kill myself.

Now, the author of the movie that I 'trolled' has trolled my movies out of spite and rated them 1/5 prior to this.

Terwilliger 08-14-2007 05:05 AM

Well that is the reason why your rating dropped, trolling that results in a warning makes your rating go down now.

Thought that wasn't a very nice comment :S

DlouBent 08-14-2007 06:48 AM

If he trolled your movies too... hes lame reporting you :P

Uzbeki 08-14-2007 12:56 PM

Yes this is the most probable reason why your fame dropped. I suggest we take this discussion in a private PM to see if the circumstances warranted a warning or not.

Punchline 08-14-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uzbeki (Post 10976)
Yes this is the most probable reason why your fame dropped. I suggest we take this discussion in a private PM to see if the circumstances warranted a warning or not.

Okay.

denkart 08-15-2007 01:21 AM

Yeah, mine dropped from around 50 to 39 for no reason a couple weeks ago. Didn't get any type of pm or warning.

Valamir 08-15-2007 02:37 AM

A couple weeks ago we changed the system around so that things would be calculated correctly.

Punchline 08-15-2007 02:39 AM

The issue has been fixed. :)

Dwârv 08-15-2007 05:01 AM

I am afraid it's not been fixed totally : logged in today and found my fame dropped from 65 (as far as I remember, might have been one more or less) down to 59 :(
No trollratings made by me, so no warning as well.
I have no idea how this could happen.
Any suggestions?

PS.: Don't dare telling me I lost fame, because I got a comment of myself deleted (wich was an answer to a troll rating, and after that got deleted, I asked for deleting my answer as well). If this is the point, I'll let you taste my frostbolt, no joking here.....

Ready to strike

Dwârv

RaggokMDV 08-15-2007 07:04 AM

"3/2/1/2 This is the best of your movies, but it still sucks. The editing is terrible and the GameCam watermark makes me want to kill myself."

This is really the type of comment that should be reported. I mean, you could have done away with the first sentence completely and still got your point across. If the guy trolled you, report him... don't respond in kind.

Of course, it's always easier to say these things when you aren't the victim and I should probably try to follow my own advice. ;)

Forum time (GMT) 03:06 PM