mmorpgforum.net

mmorpgforum.net (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   An Idea (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=521)

oxhorn 11-29-2006 03:20 AM

An Idea

I was thinking that a cool new feature for movie makers could be an icon that appears next to each movie in his profile list that has recieved new comments or ranks. It would also be cool if downloads could be broken down by day, so that the author could click on an option in his profile that told him how many times a day his movies were being downloaded, and then maybe a "historical overview" so that he could compare some days to others. Also, perhaps an option that showed him which of his mirrors were more popular.

Just some ideas :)

Valamir 11-29-2006 03:37 AM

Something like a calender that has the capability to be browsed with statistical data for each day in your profile?

oxhorn 11-29-2006 04:13 AM

Yeah something like that, with statistics fo reach movie you own each day. That would be sweet :)

Gedan 11-29-2006 07:25 AM

Interesting idea Oxhorn, we've got some similar projects that's very close to what you are mentioning here, let's see if we can tweak it some to fit your suggestions.

Rothicol 11-29-2006 10:49 PM

Hi, Oxhorn! I like your movies!
-And nice idea :)

-Hamfist Productions

Valamir 11-29-2006 11:08 PM

Rothicol, this is a suggestion forum and this specific thread is about an idea he came up with. If you would like some tips on what to do please take it to the Movie Making forum or PM him. Thank you.

oxhorn 11-30-2006 05:34 AM

Thanks Rothicol :)

As for tips on movie making I wrote a little guide for WCM here.

Here's another idea, though I don't know if it is feasible. So right now we can upload an image to be the thumbnail icon for our movie, and it acts sort of like an avatar, which is great. What would also be cool is if we could have the option to instead link to an image hosted elsewhere once the user has reached the specific movie page, where an author can house a custom image, like a poster.

So then, let’s say that Movie X is featured on the main page. The small thumbnail sized image which we all already upload when we submit a film is displayed on the main page and the user clicks on it. He is then directed to the movie page where he can download the movie, but instead of the thumbnail image the author has elected to have an image he hosts elsewhere displayed, like a movie poster.

I dunno, maybe that could easily be abused. I just have a great movie poster for ISW2 and TAE and I want to use them somehow, hehe.

btw thanks for the Punting Gnomes spotlight today :)

oxhorn 12-14-2006 12:39 AM

The new features for authors under the profile are great! I am curious though: what is the significance of Fame, Rank and Weight?

Rothicol 12-14-2006 02:45 PM

I don't quite understand this system either. Care to explain?

Telemora 12-15-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxhorn (Post 5138)
The new features for authors under the profile are great! I am curious though: what is the significance of Fame, Rank and Weight?

I'm guessing that "Rating Weight" is how much your review effects the score. So someone with low Weight can rate a movie it the score hardly budges, genius idea.Your Weight goes up the more reviews you do, I have 48 reviews and my Weight is thus 48! I'm not quite sure what/how fame works. Or what rank stands for (like is it highest reviewer or something?).

Forum time (GMT) 11:36 PM