mmorpgforum.net

mmorpgforum.net (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/index.php)
-   PvP (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   What is required to be an outstanding pvper? (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=302)

Lodisen 11-02-2006 11:35 AM

What is required to be an outstanding pvper?

Alot of people tend to say "He fucking rox/pwn/blabla/yada yada" if he can kill several persons at the same time. If he gets imba whirlwind crits or such.
Imo you're not a good pvper before you know all other classes weaknesses and strength, as skills, cooldowns, various normal talentbuilds and such. The players that are considered skilled, do not know these kind of things, as you may notice in the movies.

A rogue for example, is it skill to stunlock someone with swords and kill him before he's even able to counter you? Hell no, that doesn't show any skill at all. Just that he has got alot of addons and farmed good gear. :(

The Bum 11-02-2006 12:52 PM

Thats true. Not many people today know what a skilled player really is. And about the rogue stunlock, its not so easy as it looks to keep an opponent stunlocked for so long time

gringoguy 11-03-2006 06:16 PM

I think your right about rogues, im a Druid, and if a rogue can keep me stunlocked to where i cant Instant Heal, i consider him a good rogue.

Personally to stand out you need to be the best at what you do, like running the flag :D

Amoras 11-03-2006 07:25 PM

Keeping an enemy stunlocked is one of the hardest things as a rogue. Getting high crits(and only showing them) is NOT skill.

Phisher 11-03-2006 10:08 PM

Different from different persons..

A pvper thats doing something none/few has done before and do it good/better.

Amoras 11-03-2006 10:09 PM

Difference is what I like to see. I really liked Incredible Warrior Tricks.

kiahann 11-03-2006 11:24 PM

I beleive a outstanding PvP is somone who plays there character to there fullest if you can stunlock somone to death do it...if you have the gear/Energy to do it go for it

If you find somone who you can't stunlock to death find another way to kill him

thats what i say.:D

Devilish 11-04-2006 10:24 AM

if you ask me.. a skilled player is one that can eighter take a few ppl alone.. or with help but do it fast :) rogues are more or less 1vs1.. and they usually blow EVERY cooldown they have just to beat 1 opponent so you cant really say if a rogue is skilled or not :/
on the other hand.. someone that does high crits.. he can be skilled as long as he does it to a little more than 1 person :)

cripling 11-04-2006 09:27 PM

a skilled player can beat any1 with any build no matter what they do.
few rogues are skilled players. i meet like 20 rogues aday in EP cause i am lvl 54 on my human mage alt. and i kill 19 out of them and that 1 who kills was only good enough to kill me cause i had cds. and they were all lvl 60.

gringoguy 11-05-2006 11:14 PM

LOL this turned in to, what does it take to be an outstanding rogue forum...

Forum time (GMT) 09:51 AM