mmorpgforum.net

mmorpgforum.net (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/index.php)
-   Movie Making (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Thoradrim's Comprehensive Editing Program Listing (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=17)

ry 01-08-2007 02:57 AM

could anyone post any trial links like where you could get this stuff? :) i tried everything i could. Sony Vegas Trial version,Adobe Premiere 1.5 and 2.0. Then i tried adobe after effects. there was always an error. lol

godliest 02-11-2007 11:20 AM

I use both Vegas and Adobe, depending on what I need. Altho I'm pretty unskilled at both, hopefully I will get better.

Blackfire 04-13-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uzbeki (Post 43)
Editing Programs

Sony Vegas 6 ($449*; Free 30 Day Trial)
Sony Vegas is really starting to shine as an all-in-one editing solution. It has some of the best built-in sound controls I've ever seen and it's definately no slacker when it comes to the visual aspect. All effects are high-quality and easy to manipulate. Color correction and transitions are top notch. The interface is intuitive and quick to learn. If Adobe isn't careful, Sony will take the spotlight.
Vegas 6 Home
Trial

Originally posted by Thoradrim on the old forum

oh dear god... $449? i cant afford that. i didn't think it was THAT expensive.. crap..

i want to make good visual quality videos.. but i cant afford this stuff. only choice i have is to keep using windows movie maker... /sigh

kiahann 04-13-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackfire (Post 8260)
oh dear god... $449? i cant afford that. i didn't think it was THAT expensive.. crap..

i want to make good visual quality videos.. but i cant afford this stuff. only choice i have is to keep using windows movie maker... /sigh

I COULD be wrong but it's really expensive probaly the fact that I think directors use sony vegas for real movies.

godliest 04-14-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

I COULD be wrong but it's really expensive probaly the fact that I think directors use sony vegas for real movies.
I do believe they use the most expensive program here, aVid, but that's only my guess. Some of the effects I've seen in movies simply can't be added with Sony Vegas.

Thiras 04-17-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godliest (Post 8279)
I do believe they use the most expensive program here, aVid, but that's only my guess. Some of the effects I've seen in movies simply can't be added with Sony Vegas.

To quote IMDB about 300:

Quote:

Post production took almost a year. The film was edited on an Avid, with an HD cut also maintained in Final Cut Pro. The 3D was made using Maya, XSI, and Lightwave The 2D composites were made with Shake, Inferno, Fusion, and Combustion. The filmmakers prefer Macintosh, but large portions of the movie were made under Linux. Asset management was handled by custom software written in the Panorama development environment, made by Provue. Color management was handled by Truelight software. The film was scanned on a northlight scanner and was recorded on the arrilaser. Most of the film was shot at high speed, between 50 and 150fps. Normal film is at 24fps. The film was transferred to HD SR tape and quicktime, and HD quicktimes were the basis for the HD preview cuts. The working resolution for the film was 2K, at a working aspect ratio of 2.11 and a projected aspect ratio of 2.35.
So yeah, avid.

godliest 04-17-2007 01:58 PM

Yep. But I was maybe not thinking about 300, but it's as good example as any. Now I was just wondering, out of curiosity, really which of the Avid programs did they use? There isn't just one Avid program that's made for editing, do you know which they used?

Dwârv 06-13-2007 08:39 PM

May I throw in one more:
I work with Magix Video deluxe, its not expensive (can't remember exactly, was something like 50 Euro) and for the money you get a very nice editing programm. I'm happy with it.
I cant compair it with other programms - lack of other programms, ye know - but a friend of mine (professional filmmaker) adviced me to stay with Magix and not to invest in Sony Vegas (wich I was thinking about).

stormrager 06-17-2007 07:07 AM

http://www.sims99.com/wiki/Category:Tools

is a full list of almost all the possible programs for making machinima.

bripadop 11-23-2007 03:20 PM

im a newb i use moviemaker :O and i wonder what i should use

Forum time (GMT) 10:56 PM