mmorpgforum.net

mmorpgforum.net (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/index.php)
-   Suggestions (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Burning Crusade beta movies (https://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=197)

wuddersup 10-28-2006 12:12 AM

Burning Crusade beta movies

This is a little "selfish" to say but I think that Burning Crusade movies should not add to a total author's downloads. Movies like the Tier 4 archive that simply show people what tier 4 looks like reach an incredible amount of downloads (35k+ a day) while movies where the author spent weeks editing are lucky to get over 5k a day. This makes the hall of fame more of a "hall of who has beta access LOL!"

Just my opinion, thanks for reading.

Sylvictus 10-28-2006 12:32 AM

With risk of sounding selfish too... I kinda agree. (to a certain point) But then again, Hall of Fame (as it is right now) is about getting downloads. Nothing more, nothing less. But its sad that a movie made in a few hours (if even that) can get huge amount of dl's and reach status in the community while people that works for months to get 1 good movie, often wont even get close.

Reminds me of WoWs current PvP system, to reach the highest rank all you need is too much sparetime, no skillz required. (hmm... what a weird parallel... xD)

kiahann 10-28-2006 12:44 AM

Yeah Sylv is right it's about who has the most downloads.

wuddersup 10-28-2006 12:46 AM

Well, before BC movies were allowed on the site, # of downloads actually reflected how good an author's movies were (99% of the time). Now, it's completely different.

Ragnorok161 10-29-2006 07:59 PM

I totally agree. People are lucky to get in Hall of Fame. Not ZOMG Beta key I win kk...

kiahann 10-29-2006 10:32 PM

I will Inform mods about this and see what they think.. Noted.
oh and also this topic has ben moved to Suggestions.

Vandalist 10-30-2006 08:16 PM

A stupid BC video will not get much downloads, only well made and well worked on videos will get great download counts because people like the movie.

The person who made their teir4 video should have been banned from the website as he had to violate numerous WoW rules to get that content, and using illegal methods in the making of your video should make it so your video never makes it on the wowmovies website in my opinion.

Fanatiksauce 11-01-2006 09:32 PM

I am not in beta, and even if I got a key, I have no intention of joining. Second, I worked just as hard as any editor did to make this possible, therefore I deserve my rating. I do see your opinion, however I think you missed the fact that this took me just as long as your TuF vs TiO movie if not longer.

Lodisen 11-02-2006 01:04 PM

Did Leeroy record it in TBC Beta? Eh?

Thiras 11-02-2006 06:06 PM

Hall of Fame suggests the movie is famous, famous movies get downloaded alot.

And like someone said, bad tbc movies dont get downloaded much.

Forum time (GMT) 08:52 PM