View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #1
gergemaine
Initiate

gergemaine is an unknown quantity at this point
How does the 'today's spotlight section work?

Hiya, I have a (hopefully) simple question about how the 'today's spotlight' section works. If this isn't the right section for this post, please move it, thanks.

My latest video (Damaged Dreams) was the featured movie a couple days ago and it is again today and I'm really thankful for that but it got me thinking about how this gets decided. I read the FAQ but it doesn't make it very clear. Is it just a manual process by an admin or some kind of algorithm? Also, how is the decision to make a movie a 'recommended movie' made and how much better of a movie does it have to be than just a movie that gets to be 'today's featured movie'? I guess that last one is kind of a hard question to answer.

Also, is it possible to get an automated email sent out if you're the maker of the featured movie for the day or one of the four movies beneath that? I know most people use hosting services like filefront but I personally host all my videos and like to keep an eye on bandwidth caps, etc. It's also good to be able to check in on and respond to comments.

In any case I wanted to say thanks for bringing me the viewership I have gotten through this site.

Last edited by gergemaine : 10-14-2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: edited for clarification
gergemaine is offline   Reply With Quote