View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #63
Punchline

Punchline is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaktor View Post
All right, let's get a few things straight. When creating something, be it a WoW-movie, a musical piece, or a work of litterature, one wants the result to meet the standards one envisioned when one began working on the project, at least if one is serious about it. It's hard fucking work, and it takes a long time - and I'm not talking about the special effects, I'm talking about the project as a whole. Effort. People willing to make that sort of commitment and go through with it are people who often succeed. So don't go out saying it's ridiculous that myndflame is screwing up the timeframe by adding too many or too advanced special effects, because it's so much more than that. People without the capacity to make that kind of distinction are shallow and untalented.

And the reason why they won't upload the movie to a streaming site - well, my guess is that they have some sort of deal with their sponsors that require them to have the movie availible exclusively on the myndflame website, at least for a short period of time.

I am, however, not defending the delays. They suck. Although, this time I hardly think it's their fault.
It's their fault when this is the third time that they lied to us.