View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #37
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
WoW is still a tremendous cash-cow which I'm sure Blizzard won't be in any rush to shut down or sell off, not by a long-shot, despite the huge decline in players with each expansion for multiple reasons.

With Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 (One game I *am* looking forward to as an avid player of the two previous ones) in the works, I assumed that the bulk majority of the core Blizzard team jumped ship to work on these new projects, potentially leaving a backup squad or new recruits to contend with the simple tweaking and maintenance of the current WoW - Possibly leading to many of the questionable changes being made that are responsible for putting so many dedicated players of the past off of WoW and making many quit, such as making the game far more casual orientated and the same general attitude being ported to PvP to make things 'easier' and 'more accessible' for the casuals who felt hard-done by in TBC arena and PvP of the past.

I'm highly dissapointed with WoW's current state but there isn't much better to compete with it - And until worthwhile competition comes along and players continue to fork out money for WoW, there will always be new content created to keep those people paying.

I forked out on two sub-cards quite some time ago that wont run out for a few months which should carry me over into 3.2 - With PvP being my main focus, if there isn't a shred of respectability put back into it, I doubt I'll have much reason to stay on.
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote