View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
TDamnation
Initiate

TDamnation is an unknown quantity at this point
Vegas 9 Pro, Rendering, Help

So im an aspiring "movie maker", but before i even try to make a nice movie and all i wanna make sure i know how to and can render in a quality, making a video that is both good in quality and size before i do heavy editing (ofc im thinking of making my very own pvp movie, but who isnt ?).

A bit about my setup, i run with 1920x1200 resolution screen. I have a core 2 dou processor and 2 hdd's with about 7200 RPM each, a total of about 1,5 TB space. (might be needed in order to help me).

Im using Sony Vegas 9 Pro. When i render, i either get a shit quality (using AVI), or i can render so i get a really niec quality, but 30 seconds will take up about 4gigs (so still uncompressed), and it seems that VLC player constantly needs to stop and buffer, or the video has become more laggy than the orginal content.

I hear alot of people use DivX for encoding and so i've tried looking for that and install various things, but the option to encode/render (Im not sure about the diffrence?) never comes up. and so im faced with the only formats that i know, .AVI .MOV and xfire video codes (which i havent tried) and the 2 others havent brought me anything but bad stuff.

Maybe its just so obvious that i dont even realize how to make it all work, but i would very much like some help in getting to know my way around rendering and encoding (again diffrence??)

Every answer is apperciated.
- Ðamnation
TDamnation is offline   Reply With Quote