Thread: Divided Soul
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 AM   #2
DrPikkles
Initiate

DrPikkles is an unknown quantity at this point
Its sad that this is yet another bad storyline with mediocre presentation.

As stated in my review the plot line is boring and very predictable. I knew what was coming in the first few seconds. It wasn't unique or creative nor did it interest me in anyway. Just like a bad anime.

I like to use that analogy alot with these kinds of films because it fits perfectly! Both story lines are easily predictable and long winded, combat is fast paced usually breaking its own laws and abruptly stops for more monologging.

One of the only story line machinimas I like is Kenion's Blackrose! This was a wonderfully painted portrait of a cynics perspective of love! Ending with betrayal and heart ache you create a hypothesis and have it completely obliterated. Truly a master piece if you have the time I urge you to go see it.

That is an example of what a good dramatic machinima should be. Not just some new form of failed attempts at creating a deep and compelling story.

The excuse "well the editing was good!" is completely irrelevant because anyone who has done machinima can do pretty much the same things he did making the animation of this film mediocre.
DrPikkles is offline   Reply With Quote