Thread: Youtube in HD
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 01:18 AM   #7
RopeDrink

RopeDrink is an unknown quantity at this point
Well thats not nessecarily true - That would indicate you could use any form of video footage of, say, a TV show and it'd slip by copyright.

Naturally Audio is a bigger issue than visual media as far as copyright is concerned considering the people who try to stamp out the stealing are literally selling the music, whereas visual media is pretty much shown everywhere.

I originally suspected that my video was taken down due to me using segments of a flash animation made by Egoraptor - I make a point of crediting authors of anything I use in my movies, but that is not a failsafe.

Point is it wont matter where you upload it, the risk is always there that your movies will be checked and highlighted if there's any material used that isn't yours.

YouTube used to be far worse when videos had to be approved after uploads, but naturally it's gotten too big for that so you could upload something that isn't touched for years, but then suddenly someone just happens to point something out and then you have some agent going through all your movies trying to remove the ones that contain something beloning to their band.

Can understand it - And yes it's annoying, but thats the risk.

I make loads of music myself, and would use it for my movies to save this hassle, but nobody would want to hear what I made
RopeDrink is offline   Reply With Quote