View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 AM   #18
K21Nova
Initiate

K21Nova is an unknown quantity at this point
It's true that making people choose whether they rate "skill" or the video itself takes away their freedom to do both.

Then again, if you have both systems side by side, like you have now, you'll end up with a lot of 5/5/5/5 -ratings from people who think the guy in the video is skilled, even if the video itself is raw fraps footage with an ugly UI, made into a very basic video with Windows Movie Maker by slapping on some Disturbed, and thus would deserve most likely more of a 3 than a 5.

You know what I mean?

Perhaps if one's fame reaches a certain point they can rate both sides? Perhaps "good authors" and premium members can do so, etc?

Or perhaps some other system or idea that's not been mentioned yet.

I just wish that at least most of those "ZOMG ITS NIAR LOLZ I GIEF 5!11" and similar people, people who rate for the person in the video, for the skill or whatever, for a song or music in general, and mostly just ignore what the rates should be for, could be gotten rid of, or better yet, educated and conformed into actually serving the rating system instead of screwing with it.

I'll keep my thumbs up. Awesome site, nevertheless.
K21Nova is offline   Reply With Quote