View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #29
K21Nova
Initiate

K21Nova is an unknown quantity at this point
Here's another good example why the current rating system fails miserably... I recently rated a video called "Mission 4.5 - Elemental Mage PvP" with a rating of 3/2/3/3. A low rating for a high-rated video, but I stick by my rating; the video itself deserved those numbers. The player IN it was skilled, and I never said otherwise. Here's my rating comment:

Quote:
Content average; another "slap mp3 on fraps footage" video. Creativity below average; not even a single thing beyond fraps footage with mp3s. Editing average, quality average.
I don't think I was at all insulting the author with that rating, but I do think I was being honest.

Today I logged on, and noticed someone had sent me a private message. Nothing too bad, just saying it was worth watching etc. Well, I went to check my rating of the video.

My comment was at "-9" points and hidden.

I was not downrating because of the author.
I was not downrating because of music.
I was not downrating because of the class.
I was not downrating because of the race.
I was not downrating, period.

I gave an honest opinion of the video itself, but SKILL WORSHIPING FANBOIS and the like decided to vote my rating and comment down to oblivion.

Should I rate it 5, because it already has a rating of 4.50+ or because the player in it is skilled, even though the video is average, period? I personally don't think so. But apparently giving an honest opinion, if it's going against the fanboi masses, is useless, and by the popular fanboi vote your honest rating gets "disappeared".

This is why the rating system fails.

Unless of course you want it to be like this; quality of the video is irrelevant as long as the player in it is skilled and the video becomes popular?
K21Nova is offline   Reply With Quote