View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #4
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
I completely disagree with this topic.

This is required to prevent a**holes from using one or more accounts to cause problems or downrate videos and such.

You have an account on this website, if you want to build your rating to be able to participate in the site, just login, it takes but a few seconds! And with cookies enabled you can have it remember you for months on end! You really only ever have to login once, and you'll stay logged in everytime you come back to watch your movies.

-email verification (not foolproof but good) with a pass phrase instead of just a code.
E-Mail verification doesn't work because most of us know how to get around that (I've got the abilitiy to easily create at least 350,000 e-mails, so what's my limit?)

- -each account must be linked to a real wow player, easy enough to do with armory
the armory is a laggy system at best, so not only would it slow the abilities of this site, but then identity theft would be an added problem for the WCM staff to worry about, as there is no way to verify if you are who you say you are. - Even if there was, people can make MULTIPLE CHARACTERS!

-lower the ridiculous number of downloads you have to do for the initial 2 fame to 30 or 40 instead something like 150.
The highest amount of fame that you can get is 100. Secondly, I believe you actually do only need a few fame to be able to comment and rate.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote