View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
Uzbeki

Uzbeki is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooray View Post
My thoughts:

Machinima Teams...sounds cool, but would the fame be shared out or multiplied?
Would there be an definition between a someone who did almost everything and someone who did a minor element?
Yes, these are tough questions and the main reason why we have not done this already. Got any ideas Baron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooray View Post
Comment rating...well I dont know about this one. The pros are obvious but the cons, or rather the main con is that its a type of censorship. Completely pointless trolling can be reported and removed. But what if someone has a valid but unpopular comment. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and it should as valid as anyone elses (Unless they are completely idiotic but then there is a report feature) . Sometimes its the comments that go against the general flow that can be the most interesting and have the most relevance.

When i browse a very good movie's comments i look for the 2.5s and 3.5s etc to see if they have a valid comment.

Also it could be counter productive as trolls downrates/commets would be hidden and therefore not reported and removed as they should be.
I think this can be adjusted with setting the limit for "bad" comments lower. The idea is to remove bad comments more quickly than the moderators can. But then again we could auto hide the comments that gets X reports; until an moderator has the change to take a look at the reports.