View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 AM   #3
Valamir

Valamir is unknown at this point
It isn't possible to be recommended and not get a golden star, thats the perk that comes with it. The golden star was made for and only for recommended movies. If there are some that say they are recommended and don't have this star you will need to link us to them. As for allowing the user base to vote on recommendations, I hate to put it like this...the purpose of recommending videos was originally designed to allow us to point out videos that we feel are neat, unique, amazing, outlandish, what ever. It isn't easy to just pick a random video from the thousands out there, that is why we made recommendations. They are videos that we feel are points of interest in a way.

The way that you all can point out videos is by this new feature we came out with, it wont be available to everyone because you have to earn it. It requires 50 fame and allows you as the user to mark a movie for front page spotlight, it then goes into a queue and an Administrator will review it. Recommendations are not meant to be easy to get and I feel that many people would rather not have thousands of nonsense votes for recommendations. Just remember, recommendations are hand picked by us out of the hundreds of videos submitted everyday, it isn't easy and I have gotten into deep DEEP discussion with staff before about some of the poor decisions we have made in the past so these things are always kept in check.
Valamir is offline   Reply With Quote