View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #16
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
I do believe they use the most expensive program here, aVid, but that's only my guess. Some of the effects I've seen in movies simply can't be added with Sony Vegas.
To quote IMDB about 300:

Quote:
Post production took almost a year. The film was edited on an Avid, with an HD cut also maintained in Final Cut Pro. The 3D was made using Maya, XSI, and Lightwave The 2D composites were made with Shake, Inferno, Fusion, and Combustion. The filmmakers prefer Macintosh, but large portions of the movie were made under Linux. Asset management was handled by custom software written in the Panorama development environment, made by Provue. Color management was handled by Truelight software. The film was scanned on a northlight scanner and was recorded on the arrilaser. Most of the film was shot at high speed, between 50 and 150fps. Normal film is at 24fps. The film was transferred to HD SR tape and quicktime, and HD quicktimes were the basis for the HD preview cuts. The working resolution for the film was 2K, at a working aspect ratio of 2.11 and a projected aspect ratio of 2.35.
So yeah, avid.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote