View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #3
MaceMan
Initiate

MaceMan is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
I would say that the most peoples rate the movie like the person before did as I they don't want to be remembered as the guy who didn't agree with the rest. So if a movie has a average on 4.99, a person who thought that it shuld get like say 2-1-4-3 doesn't really dare to do this because of fear that he will get flamed.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest
Some nice ideas how to "stop" the "average Joe" from rating like he feels and make it more like he's rating the way it was intended.
I wouldn't say I'm trying to stop people from saying what they think, I'd say I'm giving suggestions on how to reduce bogus and inappropriate ratings that negatively impact the rating system. There may already be some of this being taken care of with the rating 'weight' system, but how effective this is at removing bogus ratings (if someone rates a lot, do they get a lot of weight? posting a lot of ratings doesn't make you an honest rater) is unknown to me.

I'd like to add to my original post that I think PvP movies can be difficult to rate. Creativity on PvP movies is one example, although they can be creative depending on the type of PvP movie they are, see the movie Unknown III for an example of a creative PvP movie. I usually rate a "3" for "average creativity" on creativity if it's just fighting, since the average PvP movie has little more than fighting. I think the idea (which is on the front page poll) of replacing "Content" with "Skill" is a good idea, but remember some people think that putting only your best fights on your movie means you have no skill. According to this, if you put in your best fights, you suck, but if your movie has your past nine PvP fights, it's going to be boring.