View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #21
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
yes, and blizzard's answer to fixing the balance is doubling HP every expansion and adding in resilience and probably other major survivability stats/gear with next one... they can simply balance the few overpowered classes instead. Now many of the good video editors are quitting or rerolling, and many of the top arena rogues in general are rerolling.

The effect this has on videos is obvious though, 1v2+ becomes impossible to do unless you're against very undergeared and terrible opponents, so people will complain about it and underrate based on that. The only way to get clips vs good opponents is setup 1v1 fights/duels that aren't nearly as editable/fun to watch and sometimes last forever.

But I think it really comes down to the way people view videos. Too many want to see only "BEST FIGHTS VS BEST POSSIBLE OPPONENTS IN THE WORLD" and don't even care for editing/pacing/etc. I myself never understood this huge fascination with "skill" because it's nothing that I can't do; yes, fun to see it once but I wouldn't become fanatical about it to the point where I'd go around downrating well-edited videos because of the opponents being bad. The real stuff that makes videos is the editing and sync with the music, which nowadays is respectively nonexistant (editing) and way overused (music choice).
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote