View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
Z.x

Z.x is unknown at this point
I've given some ideas before but I'm more of a "don't mess around and just Fix it." kind of person, so my best suggestion was to let the authors remove unjustified ratings/trolling from their movies' comments, in some form. There's many ideas on how the accuracy of ratings can be improved, but it's very difficult to make a solid system without errors. It won't really stop some of these ratings/comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaceMan View Post
I'd like to add to my original post that I think PvP movies can be difficult to rate. Creativity on PvP movies is one example, although they can be creative depending on the type of PvP movie they are, see the movie Unknown III for an example of a creative PvP movie. I usually rate a "3" for "average creativity" on creativity if it's just fighting, since the average PvP movie has little more than fighting. I think the idea (which is on the front page poll) of replacing "Content" with "Skill" is a good idea, but remember some people think that putting only your best fights on your movie means you have no skill. According to this, if you put in your best fights, you suck, but if your movie has your past nine PvP fights, it's going to be boring.
The vast majority of raters have no idea how difficult it is to fraps good fights vs well geared players without interruption, and heavily edit a video with good editing/effects that doesn't turn out "overedited". So I see way too many inexperienced people give the inaccurate ratings you described in the original post for this reason. I think that people who have made movies before should be given a much greater weight to ratings, or some form of influence like that, while ones who haven't, shouldn't be allowed to rate certain categories?... Something like that. I know the 'fame' system works somewhat like this but don't think it gives enough influence to movie makers, over the 'average joe' rater.

That said, I know WCM is trying to improve on this category and appreciate the effort; it's better than it used to be. Keep working on it.
Z.x is offline   Reply With Quote