View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai View Post
people keep discussing rating sistem xP for what? Nothing changed and its not a good rating sistem after all...
I don't know what you're applying, we do tweak the rating system 2-3 times a year based on what the community wants and with the most resent Fame-system we have been able to lower the Comment/Rating hijacking with ~50%. I do think we have an accurate "top rated this week", if you look at the movies up there I think everyone can agree they deserve to be there?.

To comment on MaceMan outstanding post about this issue

We do know that many of our users just like to click 1 (0 if they could) if they dislike it and max out if they saw something they like, one solution you mentioned about using a two point rating system might help and we will look in to it. We will absolutley ad the lables you talked about, great idea.

Our current system is based on weight on activity - People with low rating activity will not effect the average rating as much a person with high activity would. This system comes with anomalies but we do belive after some time members mature and woun't be satisfied rating 1 or 5 so their votes will be more accurate and also with more weight they will help create a fair average for the movies.