View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 AM   #5
Gedan

Gedan is unknown at this point
I can see a reason to give more people will less fame than 50 to get in on this awesome feature and the security measurements you're pointing out wouldn't be that hard to implement.

" Security Feature #1:
- No single movie can get into the spotlight more than once a month. So the vote feature would be disabled for 30 days after hitting the spotlight. "
- I like this idea, would have to be tweaked somewhat, maybe 30 days is a bit harsh and using spotbox votes could be stored in a pool so you can save up 4-5 votes on a rainy week.

" Security Feature #2:
- No person can vote for the same movie more than once a month. This prevents someone from abusing their votes all on one movie."
- Excellent,

" Security Feature #3:
- You can not vote for any movies you have produced. This prevents authors from simply voting for themselves to become more popular. "
- Spot on.

" Security Feature #4:
The reason for the 15+ fame requirement (or whatever), is to prevent just anyone from voting for spotlight movies. As the spotlight gets a movie a lot of recognition, its not something that should just be easily decided by newcommers or... how shall i put this.... people with less intelligence.... "
- Maybe giving them more power as they grow per ~10 fame would be the right way to go.

I like your ideas Vandalist on this hot subject!