View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #4
Deleo
Initiate

Deleo is an unknown quantity at this point
To Vandalist (Really like your "Christmas Time in Dun Morogh")

I don't get your point Vandalist so I'll consider that the word Category in you post refers to

1 - Music / Comedy / Storyline / ... (Different Movie types) : No category is higher than any other category. Those are just factors and at the end all ratings are from 5 for all categories if that is what you mean. Those factors purpose is to increase the effect of more important elements of a movie like creativity for a comedy movie (which is more important than video quality imo) and again those numbers above are just examples for better understanding (or maybe complete misunderstanding ).

2 - A-V Quality / Creativity / Content ... (Different Rating Categories) : In this case you just explained exactly why my idea about giving weight (factors) to different categories is brilliant. World's best editor that is making a PvP movie just need skill and editing abilities and he doesn't need any creativity or doesn't have to be a music genius. A rock star doesn't need to be a pop star as well, because simply he is a rock star.

To Waverian

As I mentioned above those are just examples. The idea is not limiting any of categories. It's about knowing more important elements of each category (specially pvp category). Yet another example: Those people who watch an arena movie and down-rate it because it wasn't entertaining. It's not supposed to be entertaining although good music will make it better but at the first place it's supposed to be instructive and showing skill.

///////////////////////////////////////////The point///////////////////////////////////////

Just consider these questions :

1- Does music quality has the same importance in both Arena movie and music movie ?
2- Is creativity in a PvP movie as important as it is in a Comedy movie ?

The point is rating movies depending on their category.

Enough babbling for me
Deleo is offline   Reply With Quote