View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #26
Abyzz
Initiate

Abyzz is an unknown quantity at this point
That may very well be, but I think it largely has something to do with ignorance about the given rating perimeters. Many people simply don't know what they should base their evaluation on when looking at editing, creativity etc., and therefore these ratings are merely displaying the general impression of the movie ("if I like it, editing must be 5!"). To think that people can somehow learn this is utopia, but I do believe much of it has to do with rating complexity, and that's an aspect you control.

Adding to that I'm not sure what you wish to accomplish with the new sliders. We can only be so precise, and I don't know about you, but I would never have a clue whether a movie should receive 4.1 in content or 4.2, and I wouldn't be able to justify either of them over the other. I mean think about it, that's basically 50 degrees for each four perimeters - even professionals (look at school systems) never have more than 10 degrees in which to rate. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding this slider concept?
Abyzz is offline   Reply With Quote