View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #27
Abyzz
Initiate

Abyzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzbeki View Post
I think you make a few very good points here. We currently require at least 2 fame for people to vote. We are thinking about lowering it to 1 fame or removing it completely.

We are also looking at changing the rating categories of 4 with 1-5 stars to 1-2 sliders with 1-5 with 0.1 increments. One slider would be Overall rating and the other would be genre specific, such as "Skill" on PvP movies.
Removing fame-dependent permission to rate would be best I think. I doubt the ones with 1 Fame represent a large segment, so it shouldn't have any substantial impact - and that's where Rating Weight come in.

How would this genre specific rating work? I mean, there are lots of genres, and there are lots of movies that go across some of these. Is it not risky to let it all out on one figure (e.g. skill), when a good PvP movie is made up of so much more? Skill most definitely has an impact on the level of entertainment, but to me humor actually has an even bigger impact. If I find myself laughing throughout a movie, it can be poorly edited or display zero skills all I care, I would never hesitate to recommend it to others. Similarly, many other things are just as important as skills.
Abyzz is offline   Reply With Quote