View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
godliest

godliest is notable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olibith View Post
That makes sense. I also think about the average final rating.
Imagine for exemple a video, funny as hell, made voluntarily in a "South Park" quality way.
Would it be fair to rate it 2.5, even if it's the most entertaining thing you've ever seen ?
Different ratings criterions for each category could be an idea too.
No it wouldn't be fair, but it still would be logical because of the criterion. That's the problem with the average rating. As an example: I loved a PvP movie, it got some sick editing, high quality and original music. However the PvP was terrible, even I could perform better. 1/5/5/5. While I would like to give the movie and a/v on 4,9.

I'd say the best way is that you rate after some different criterion and then check how much a/v score you want. On a scale from 1-10 for example. The movies are then parted up in "Rated for high editing", "Rated for high xxxxx". You get my point?

I know it's like going back to the old system, but you will also add the ability to see more exactly what every person thought about the different criterion.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote