View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 07:18 PM   #18
voodooray
Hall of Fame member

voodooray is unknown at this point
I think TotpIII is to machinima what Snow White was to film animation.
The first to attempt and succeed in entertaining people for 1 hour plus.

I rated the movie all 5's as in the current context of movies here on wcm nothing less would be fitting. Thats not to say however I'm a fan of the movie. Personally I found it to go from one fantasy movie cliche to the next. Its a historic work for machinima but to rate it as equal to 'real' films opens up unfair opportunities to critise. Its a poor to bad film in such a case but I'm not about to go into every detail why.

Peoples expectancy is low when it comes to machinima movies, as it should be. Its a fun hobby for most. When someone really takes the medium seriously it should be respected and applauded but take a reality pill if you think anything to date is worthy of great accolade outside the mediums bubble. Perhaps myndflames latest production, most likely a marvel for machinima has the production values to lift the medium out of obscurity. (edit: it seems myndflames latest was there on the production values but fell short on content)

my 2 cents

Last edited by voodooray : 01-03-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: seen escape from ommirgrar now
voodooray is offline   Reply With Quote