View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
Vandalist
Hall of Fame member

Vandalist is notable
Rating & Commenting Issue/Suggestion

I'm starting to notice a trend over the past few months, people seem to view other's comments before posting their own opinion. not everyone, but many people.

Example:

Guy #1 Watches the movie, he really likes it.

Guy #2 Watches the movie, he completely hates it.

Guy #2 posts and says "this movie was horrible, stop playing wow man, geez"

Guy #1 goes to post "wow great movie man it was cool" However......

Guy #1 views the comment of Guy #2, and then Second Guesses what he originally thought about the movie. He thinks, finds ways to agree with the previous posters, thinks about their comments and opinions and then....

Guy #1 posts a worse comment with a lower rating than if he had not read the comment.

==========================================

The problem is, people don't post THEIR complete opinions if they just got the viewpoints of everyone else's opinions, the human brain isn't that smart. People are always influenced on what everyone else had to say about it first.

====================================

What I'm suggesting is:

Make it so that to be able to view the movie's comments you must either

A) Vote/comment yourself, with Your opinion

OR

B) Forfeit your vote.

This is so that other's opinions does not influence your true opinion on the movie you just watched. I've looked at many different videos, and opinions seem to follow a trend, and people rate lower "I agree with what he said, you actually did do this wrong, you get a 3/5 instead." so on

it won't effect anything to add this in, if someone wants to only view comments and they don't care about ratings or voting, they can just forfeit it. People who already voted and want to see if someone commented about what they said, then it won't matter because their vote is in.

Last edited by Vandalist : 03-07-2007 at 06:05 AM.
Vandalist is offline   Reply With Quote