Thread: I'm so sick....
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
I'm so sick....

...of pro-downraters.

Hello -

Usually I am a very calm guy, but from time to time I give in to my rising anger and try to start a discussion to get other peoples opinion about things that imho suck as hell.
Now this has happened again.

Warning:long piece of brambling ahaed.

From time to time I revisit some movies I rated on just to see other peoples ratings/comments.
Every now and then I stumble upon people like someone, I will call PersonX in the future.
PersonX catches my eyes because he/she gives a 1.0 rating on a movie that has an average rating of let's say 4.6 (with more than 30 ratings so far).
I click on PersonX to find out more about his rating behaviour.
I find the last ten ratings beeing made within 40 minutes on movies with a total playtime of more than 100 minutes.
9 of the movies are rated 1.0
1 movie is rated 5.0

It might be that PersonX downloaded all the movies,then watched them making notes,then came back for the rating.
But I strongly doubt it.

Is there no way we can protect WcM from such "users"?

Something like a alarm that goes off, when somebody rates a movie with xx ratings (to have a reasonable average rating) extremely low (1.0, e.g.).
And if it turnes out to be a pro-downrater like PersonX, can't U just bann them for live, even if they didn't use foul language on their comments?

People like PersonX are in no way an enrichment for WcM,and from time to time I just have to say it out loud:

I am so sick of em.

Regards

Dwârv

P.S.: None of my movies was included here, so it's nothing personal.PersonX is not made up by me, but exists under another name.