Thread: A Few Words
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #1
KimOhNo
Initiate

KimOhNo is unknown at this point
A Few Words

Hi there everybody,

accidentally i was looking into the Forum where i found this empty new one! So i thought i could give you some impressions on the way.

I for myself am working and playing World of Warcraft on a Mac. A year ago i desided to never lay my hands on a windows pc again. So i did - with all the consequences. Well - mac is really great, warcraft and all my creative Programms like After Effects or Photoshop works awesome, the workflow is much better then on a PC.

But I'm also doing Machinima ( to remind you http://www.mmorpgforum.net/showthread.php?t=2452 ), and here's the deal... No good Map and Model Viewer available for a Mac what a shame!

Everyone has his own style...but for me it's def. impossible to make an outstanding Machinima. So i did what i never wanted to do anymore...I installed Bootcamp du have Windows on my Mac...Installed nothing than drivers, WoW and of course fraps and Model/Map Viewer.

Thw Workflow now is not as good as on ONE system because always, when i want to capture new scenes i have to rebbot the system to switch to Windows and back to Mac but thats ok - if you have a scribble or drawn storyboard then you can easily capture alot of scenes in diverse angles and greenscreen characters for youre compositing.

Installing Bootcamp is really easy to handle - like youre Mac. Just follow the instructions, when you have to choose between "fat32" and "ntss" choose ntss because its way faster. Also you can copy data from youre Windows partition to youre Mac which makes the data-exchange very easy and you don't need an external HD.

For me it is a good compromise. I Love my Mac, but i also love Movie Making with World of Warcraft so i had no chance. I would recommend to all of you who don't get along with the Capture function inside of WoW on a Mac.

So i hope i could give you some impressions on how to use youre mac for great Machinima making

Don't miss my Project "Fallen" - it's gonna be famous, i know there not many Infos in the Thread, i'm stil searching for someone translating my german texts into good english ones. But they will come and the first Teaser might hit you hard so stay tuned!

Greetings from Germany

KimOhno
KimOhNo is offline   Reply With Quote