WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > World of Warcraft > General Discussion
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #1
EternalDarkness
Initiate

EternalDarkness is unknown at this point
Hacked Tier 4

well im on a free Burning crusade server. and i was wondring how Fanatik got the tier 4 armor. and how he was able to ware it at such a low lvl. please help me i too would like to get the tier 4 armor. any one know how?
EternalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
Clashez
Initiate

Clashez is unknown at this point
Chances are he used a skin that replaces the current model you choose to the one you want, ive used to make my hunters ranged weapons turn into chickens and all NE female into Blood elfs.

Um im not sure how you can obtain a T4 model though, most items, equipment etc is already placed in the game without us knowing, for example a long time ago when Ashbringer was just a "myth", if you looked into your .mpq files you would see that in weapons it was actually there but not skinned so it was a white model of corrupted ashbringer, or so it looked anyway =p

From what ive had to do, you need a program that will open the massive 1gb+ file .mpq which windows itself does not know how to open. I'll try get you some more information but for the time being play around =]

and you shouldnt call it hacked you might get people in trouble =p heh
Clashez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #3
Clashez
Initiate

Clashez is unknown at this point
FYI, model changes you cannot be banned for anymore, in the beginning Blizzard stated that they did not want tampering with their data files. But it is physically impossible to see what you see on your screen. What you change on your computer stays on your computer and ONLY YOU can see it.

In a update i got word from a GM a couple of months ago that you cannot get banned for using model changes and its not something that they can stop people from doing. Although changing the data files to do stupid things like goto GM Island can be tracked. (It shows up when you /who,charters etc)
Clashez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:51 AM   #4
EternalDarkness
Initiate

EternalDarkness is unknown at this point
so all i have to do is open the main .mpq file find the gear that i have on now, then find the epic armor and switch the names? and yah idk what to use to open that file. if Fanatik would be so kind as to give me a link to his edited .mpq file i would be very happy XD
EternalDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
kiahann

kiahann is notable
After Investigated this Issue IT IS allowed to change Models but you can only Change models of YOUR character any Discussion other then changing models of your character Will result in a Warning/ban this post is now Unlocked.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:25 PM   #6
Ragnorok161

Ragnorok161 is unknown at this point
It should stay locked... He is on a illegal private server.
Ragnorok161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
kiahann

kiahann is notable
I can't prove he is.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #8
Punchline

Punchline is notable
>.<

The first controversial thread on MMORPGForum.net!! w00t!! I think we should have a celebreation.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #9
kiahann

kiahann is notable
There's ben more...just didn't have this much trouble decideing locked?? or nolock??

But the EULA says you CAN change models of YOUR char so it's legal.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:00 AM   #10
Flynt
Initiate

Flynt is unknown at this point
The EULA if I am not mistaken, was changed to reflect that the model changing can only take place if an advantage is not gained,

IE making a campfire model swapped with the dark portal, in which case you can walk up anything.

---------------------

As far as tier 4,

You need to get ahold of the itemlist.csv from a program that can read the MPQ files of world of warcraft.

from that itemlist.csv you need to find the name of the tier set and the number associated with it.

due to the new MPQ file system they released with 2.0, you will need to change the number sequeance (sp), blizzard changed the MPQ's to not include a name table anymore, instead it is all # based.

IE: 1,0,1,0,1,1,1,0,1 = Red Defias Mask
so if you changed that to:
1,1,0,1,1,0,1,3,1 = Red Defias Mask

when you loot Red Defias Mask, you would actually get Prophecy Helm.

Understand?
Flynt is offline   Reply With Quote