Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-25-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
Xedriell
Initiate

Xedriell is unknown at this point
Problem with vegas 8 (rendering)

Hi guys

Could you tell me how to avoid these black bars at the top + bottom of the following snippet:

click

Vegas seems to squeeze the whole video to put the bars in there.. I just want it to "fit" into a 1680x1050 panel without having those bars

thx
Xedriell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:04 AM   #2
Clementine
Initiate

Clementine is an unknown quantity at this point
having a similar problem.. sony vegas wont let me go higher than 800x600 resolution so everything looks horrible.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
zanyu
Initiate

zanyu is unknown at this point
I've tried using multiple resolutions and I get the same exact problem each time. Very frustrating as it seems there's like a whole black box around my video.
zanyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #4
Hacky
Hall of Fame member

Hacky is unknown at this point
ah yet another 1 poster question hehe I hope u searched forum in case this question has already been answered!

hmm, k, I've looked at your movie clip, it could be one of a few things I think. Vegas has a certain range of resolutions it does, so you need to make the project in a resolution range it can do, and this has to be divisible by your fraps res, aspect ratio wise, otherwise you will warp and/or cut the edges off or get black spaces, as in your case. So, set the movie project size to the exact same res as your fraps (File -> Properties), if you CAN'T set it to the same because it's too high for Vegas or something, then make it a bit smaller in increments until you find the max size you can go, while the whole time keeping the same aspect ratio ofc. Now this can be fiddly, but the way I do it is I use this tool so I can enter the res of my fraps and then work out what smaller sizes of that res are while locking the aspect ratio, for example say 90% of my fraps res or 75% or whatever.

Tools:
http://www.wideopendoors.net/design/...alculator.html
&
http://andrew.hedges.name/experiments/aspect_ratio/
&
http://files.filefront.com/ratiocalc.../fileinfo.html (I couldn't find it on the internet again so I just uploaded my copy to filefront for u)

Now, if you are using a bunch of different res clips, so you make black bars again, then just use the 'Pan/Crop' tool to fix it, and play around with turning lock ratio and stretch to fit on/off till you make the clip fit snugly in your over all movies frame size.

I hope this helps. If it doesn't, or you need a more detailed walk-through, just let me know and I can walk you through it on MSN or over VNC or whatever, it's np.

Last edited by Hacky : 05-30-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Hacky is offline   Reply With Quote