Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #1
jng
Initiate

jng is unknown at this point
Fraps Problems!

Firstly, I have read the sticky and its a great thread, but it doesnt really help me with my problem - so if its ok I thought I would make my own post.

I used to fraps 2-3 years ago on a terrible terrible 250mb gfx card pc, and really enjoyed it and had hardly any issues (except managing the huge file size pre-render ofc). And recently I have the urge to make films for my guild again, which I thought would be great having a good knowledge of vegas and a very powerful pc - but im having all kinds of issues.

Im running at 200-250 fps in raids in combat on max 'ultra' settings, and yet when I fraps Im dropping to 10-20 fps and unplayable lag. I cant comprehend that my pc is struggling to run fraps when my pc's that cost 1/5th of the price 3 years ago could manage it fine.

Im guessing the problem is my resolution - im playing at 1900x1200 on 24" widescreen, I have tried setting the resolution to ~1200x800 dimensions and im still getting sub 20 fps and massive lag even when doing something simple like walking in an empty-ish zone. Then when i stop recording its straight back to 250+ fps.

I have the latest fraps and everything, is there anything I can do to fix this issue? i wouldnt mind playing at 30 fps at all, but to be on sub 20 with massive lag is not good enough to record on, let alone play on.

Any help would be really appreciated.
jng is offline   Reply With Quote