WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2007, 05:17 AM   #11
zap
Initiate

zap is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by joty View Post
How would I go about rendering to h.264? I read about this elsewhere and tried to render some videos the other night but kept running into a "The selected codec does not support the current render settings"

I play WoW in a 1280x1024 resolution, and it seems all my fraps videos come out as 800x600 for some reason. My PC isn't the greatest but it's fairly new (6750 duo, 8600 512mb, 2g ram).

I've just been rendering everything to the DivX codec via the tutorial, but now that I've gotten some stellar clips I'm just worried that the quality is terrible. It looks comparable to other movies up on WCM but I just imagined I could have an awesome quality movie with my new PC. I was thinking around 5-600MB for a 30-40 min movie.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, and I'm sorry if my english is poor as it is not my first language.
Fraps can only handle a max widescreen resolution of 1280x800. Anything more and fraps will default to 'half mode'. So lower your in-game resolution.
zap is offline   Reply With Quote