WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
TDamnation
Initiate

TDamnation is an unknown quantity at this point
Vegas 9 Pro, Rendering, Help

So im an aspiring "movie maker", but before i even try to make a nice movie and all i wanna make sure i know how to and can render in a quality, making a video that is both good in quality and size before i do heavy editing (ofc im thinking of making my very own pvp movie, but who isnt ?).

A bit about my setup, i run with 1920x1200 resolution screen. I have a core 2 dou processor and 2 hdd's with about 7200 RPM each, a total of about 1,5 TB space. (might be needed in order to help me).

Im using Sony Vegas 9 Pro. When i render, i either get a shit quality (using AVI), or i can render so i get a really niec quality, but 30 seconds will take up about 4gigs (so still uncompressed), and it seems that VLC player constantly needs to stop and buffer, or the video has become more laggy than the orginal content.

I hear alot of people use DivX for encoding and so i've tried looking for that and install various things, but the option to encode/render (Im not sure about the diffrence?) never comes up. and so im faced with the only formats that i know, .AVI .MOV and xfire video codes (which i havent tried) and the 2 others havent brought me anything but bad stuff.

Maybe its just so obvious that i dont even realize how to make it all work, but i would very much like some help in getting to know my way around rendering and encoding (again diffrence??)

Every answer is apperciated.
- Ðamnation
TDamnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
TDamnation
Initiate

Anyone? Every answer is apperciated
Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
AlexEgeskog

AlexEgeskog is an unknown quantity at this point
You can download my guide:

http://www.filefront.com/15394323/Ca...ima-Guide.pdf/

It's explained in the end of the guide.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #4
TDamnation
Initiate

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately your guide didnt help me. In your guide you are using sony vegas 7, and im using Sony Vegas 9, while the programs are pretty much the same i dont have "lagarith loseless codec", probably because it got cut out. I dont know how to install other codecs like these into sony, i have tried but to no avail, if only someone could tell me how to do that then i could take another shot a render proper with quality and size, this time using megui instead of the other programs i've used

side question: it looked as if ur video was gonna be MP4, isnt xvid og MKV the best formats as far as Quality and size goes?

Thanks in advance ^^
Old 11-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
AlexEgeskog

AlexEgeskog is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDamnation View Post
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately your guide didnt help me. In your guide you are using sony vegas 7, and im using Sony Vegas 9, while the programs are pretty much the same i dont have "lagarith loseless codec", probably because it got cut out. I dont know how to install other codecs like these into sony, i have tried but to no avail, if only someone could tell me how to do that then i could take another shot a render proper with quality and size, this time using megui instead of the other programs i've used

side question: it looked as if ur video was gonna be MP4, isnt xvid og MKV the best formats as far as Quality and size goes?

Thanks in advance ^^
I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 9, and I've managed to do the exact same thing with both 7 and 9. This is not stopping you.

Lagarith loseless codec can you get by using google, it's free. You only have to install it after download, and Vegas should pick it up. Remember to restart though.

I used xvid before the HD options came up, got no idea how good the codec is nowadays. MKV might be better, but haven't looked into the encoding features.