WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Requests and Movie Ideas
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
Haaspac
Initiate

Haaspac is unknown at this point
Movie Ideas

Hi, Haaspac here.

I am a complete noob when it comes to making movies of any kind, machinima, PvP, PvE, or otherwise. I have never made a movie. Although I have seen enough movies to know whats good and whats bad. I am a huge fan of the movies with heaps and loads of editing i.e. machinima movies, also baron soosdon's, dopefish's and all those other guys with amazing editing skills. That being said, I have, in my opinion, some very good ideas for a warlock destruction/felguard pvp video in particular. I play an Undead warlock so I guess I am a little bias. I can envision the movie in my head from start to finish but I can't put idea to finished product so to speak. I have no idea how to start. My movie seems way too ambitious for me. I have the whole script written out so I wont forget anything. The tone of the movie is supposed to be black, dark, satanic etc and the music I am using fits the bill. I am staying completely away from "trendy" pvp videos that use terrible music like bullet for my valentine, rise against, and basically anything that sounds like that trash.

Is there anyone that can give me some help, tips, editing for dummies, anything really. I have sony vegas and fraps but sony vegas is hard to manuver around.

Also when i record video using fraps the fps drops horribly. I play wow with full settings maxed at the highest HD widescreen resolution at 60fps smooth the whole time, so my computer isnt bad by any means. but when i record video it drops to around 6fps. This is confusing. I want to make a good quality video, so I don't wanna have to drop my settings to rock bottom just to get a clear video with 30-60fps

Last edited by Haaspac : 11-03-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: additional info
Haaspac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
Terwilliger

Terwilliger is unknown at this point
I have some pretty awesome ideas for a movie, but I can never describe them very well

It takes years to build trust, and just seconds to destroy it.
Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
Haaspac
Initiate

Haaspac is unknown at this point
Oh well I just wrote down what I saw in my head as a good scene, the problem for me isnt translating idea to paper, its from paper to editing.
Haaspac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
Lima.
Initiate

Lima. is unknown at this point
well i can help you with the fraps thing. You cant record in-game with the highest setings. You WILL get lag. Fraps dont like resolutions at like 1680-1050. You have to lower it. I had the same problem but then I just lowerd´my resolution and it works fine. And dont be afraid of lowering your resolution becouse i really dont lower the graffics that much. And since you wont get the highest quality when you upload it (unless you want a huge file) it wont matter.

Lima
Lima. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
Gubi
Initiate

Gubi is unknown at this point
Haaspac I'm not much of an editor. But I think I could help you out in your request of finding something for your storyline. If you just tell me how you think your plot would be, the people in the movie and so on. I think I have a few ideas.

I also agree, that it has become to mainstream for using the same old bands, as an aggresive way of saying they are the greatest, so alternative music is a good idea.

Please send me a message if you're consindering letting me help you

Kind regards, Gubi-
Gubi is offline   Reply With Quote