WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-08-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Daulby
Initiate

Daulby is unknown at this point
Inspiration to be your class!

Did any of you gamers ever watch a movie that pushed you to play the class you are now?

travelling back in time by about 2 and a half years.....!

My first character was a NE hunter, after getting it to lvl 46 or so, I went onto www.warcraftmovies.com for the first time and downloaded a rogue movie called "Fearless" by a rogue called "Saerdna." This was the first time i had ever seen the grand marshal equipment, and it took me ages to find out what swords he was using at the time! lol. After finding out about a place called "Thottbot.com" i searched over and over till i found the "GrandMarshal Longsword." I was amazed at this Rogue and how much he owned, going into undercity (Toggled walk) and had the Pantera - Walk song on made it so much cooler!

Well anyway, after seeing this movie like 20 times i decided i should start a rogue, as they looks so much cooler than a hunter (at the time lol). This became my main after reaching lvl 50 and now, being the CL of my guild and getting some nice gear at lvl 70. I owe it to Saerdna, and his pro vid. I still have the video on my computer, played over 300 times it seems lol. downloaded in 2005

I searched warcraftmovies and it seems to be gone on there, but it is on google.video I know watching it now, it shows how much he suxs lol. Using every cooldown on each fight, but see it through my eyes, at the time HE ROCKED!

Anyway my point is, did u ever watch a movie that made you wanna play the character you play now?

Last edited by Daulby : 06-08-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Daulby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #2
Punchline

Punchline is notable
I rolled a Warrior because of some cool PvP videos.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
Olibith

Olibith is an unknown quantity at this point
The "world of roguecraft" made me roll a Rogue that is now 61, I only plays it when I feel like being a stupid cruel Troll on a RP server.

But my main will always be a mage gnome.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
kiahann

kiahann is notable
I rolled a paladin from watching this movie and a few others but this was the first.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=9026

After that I rolled a priest from watching tehbeckon's movie who I actually met on the test realm! Really cool guy! Dueled him and lost miserably

Here's Beckon's movies http://www.warcraftmovies.com/viewauthor.php?id=2298

Also rolled a priest watching my other favorite priest Xantim

his movies here http://www.warcraftmovies.com/viewauthor.php?id=2830.

good post!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #5
Pikkle
Initiate

Pikkle is unknown at this point
Well the first character I ever rolled was a warrior because of the old Xyshina videos..... Yeah I know but then I rolled a NE hunter from the Nightbird collection Gave up made a crap load of alts and then finished up the hunter got him to 60 he is still 60 because I rolled a UD Lock which is now my main, I always wanted a warlock not because of that conceited bastard DD but from Eos, Dacke and Foredoomed aswell as Ashen! Aaaaahhhhhh I remeber Ashen great Lock wish all these guys were still around! Sadly Foredoomed made his final video and Eos, Dacke and Ashen are all gone now........

I miss them so wish I could go back and save there videos!!! I can't find a download anywhere....
Pikkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #6
Dwârv

Dwârv is unknown at this point
@ Olibith : strange coincidence or what..?? My main char is and will always be a gnome mage, but I have a level 60 Rogue - with which I started after seeing - well have a guess....
Got to ask my Voodoo-doctor about this....
@ Pikkle: that green is really a torture for the eyes, nevermind.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:33 AM   #7
Olibith

Olibith is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwârv View Post
@ Olibith : strange coincidence or what..?? My main char is and will always be a gnome mage, but I have a level 60 Rogue - with which I started after seeing - well have a guess....
This must be an old guy thingy I guess ^^
Old 06-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #8
soosisti

soosisti is unknown at this point
My original charachter, Soosisti (orc warlock) was created in feb 2005 when the game launched. Then there were no WoW videos in the current scale. I rolled a warlock because they are evil

But fast forward some time and enter Beckons videos. DnB + Shadowpriestism = teh win!

I wanted me one of those! So now the shadowpriest Nöfnöf is my main (shoulda chosen that name better, many people think I'm swedish - I honestly did not know that nöfnöf means the same thing in both fin & swe ).

Currently I'm playing very rarely on Nöfnöf & Soos (mainly due to the fact machinimaking > playing WoW).

I've started an alt gnome rogue (called Gnorgasm) just to see the alliance side of the world. Gnorgasm and her various reincarnations/clones/copies can be seen in my movies

It's also a challenge to "start from the beginning" with no rich main backing you up.

No actual PVP star behind Gnorgasm's creation.

"WTF? plz stop and get a life !"
-Comment on Unlimited Escapism vol. 2 by Xah

Blog @ http://www.baronsoosdon.com
(Latest ramblings and information about my upcoming movies.)

IRC - #machinima @ Quakenet
Newbies and pros are welcome!
soosisti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #9
godliest

godliest is notable
Quote:
houlda chosen that name better, many people think I'm swedish - I honestly did not know that nöfnöf means the same thing in both fin & swe
Nothing?

I got (rather had) so many alts due to all different PvP movies I've watched. Let's say that nearly every skilled PvPer has made impact on me. But it was druid I played as my main, no idea why tho.

Albert Einstein Quotes
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
godliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #10
soosisti

soosisti is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by godliest View Post
Nothing?

I got (rather had) so many alts due to all different PvP movies I've watched. Let's say that nearly every skilled PvPer has made impact on me. But it was druid I played as my main, no idea why tho.
Well it means 'oink oink' (the pig noise in Finnish) and apparently in Swedish too. That's just the impression I got Or then not, my swedish skills really suck.

"WTF? plz stop and get a life !"
-Comment on Unlimited Escapism vol. 2 by Xah

Blog @ http://www.baronsoosdon.com
(Latest ramblings and information about my upcoming movies.)

IRC - #machinima @ Quakenet
Newbies and pros are welcome!
soosisti is offline   Reply With Quote