WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Discussion - NEW
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #11
Dastox
Initiate

Dastox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrios View Post
just an fyi, at 70 rogues really can't beat people *that are good* without using some if not most of their cooldowns. I don't understand why people don't get this or why they think there is some magic way for rogues to beat geared players without cds. I wish people had a better understanding of the game before making uninformed threads like this.
/agree
Dastox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #12
odmanex
Initiate

odmanex is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andehx View Post
I actually prefer rogue movies where they make full use of their skills. Watching some alliance 12 yr old spamming sinister strike and gouge, is what im sick of seeing.
Indeed!
odmanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #13
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
What Akrios said ^_^
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:26 PM   #14
Pamis
Initiate

Pamis is unknown at this point
i dont except rogues to beat every one with out cooldowns, (obviously some cooldowns are needed at lv 70) Im talkin about those movies where it will be 1v1 and ill see BLind! Vanish! Evasion! SPRINT PWNAGE!! Those movies i keep seeing more and more frequently. Obviously in a 1v1 (rogue vs warlock) Vanish and Cloak of shadows is good to use.
Pamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #15
Akrios
Initiate

Akrios is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamis View Post
i dont except rogues to beat every one with out cooldowns, (obviously some cooldowns are needed at lv 70) Im talkin about those movies where it will be 1v1 and ill see BLind! Vanish! Evasion! SPRINT PWNAGE!! Those movies i keep seeing more and more frequently. Obviously in a 1v1 (rogue vs warlock) Vanish and Cloak of shadows is good to use.
nope, to beat anyone good of any class, 1v1, you probably need every single coolddown and possibly prep to win, and even then you might not win. Blame blizz for designing the game this way
Akrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:32 PM   #16
Pamis
Initiate

Pamis is unknown at this point
are you one of those terrible rogues i hear about?
Pamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:59 PM   #17
yoshi245

yoshi245 is unknown at this point
There's so many damn factors to even apply in a 1v1 for a rogue vs whichever class battle. Lag, gear, player ability, class, spec, etc. Another broad uninformed question there pamis. Alot easier to kill a crappy destro lock than a smart feral druid or warrior in full S2 and so on.

Fact of the matter is that, whether it be 1 or almost every available unused cooldown, a rogue will have to use them in 1on1, IS INEVITABLE.
yoshi245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:10 AM   #18
Akrios
Initiate

Akrios is unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamis View Post
are you one of those terrible rogues i hear about?
yes, and this terrible way of playing has gotten me 2300s and 2400s in arena, can i see your armory page? not being cocky i just hate ignorant idiots that complain about cooldowns. play a 70 rogue and then you will understand, or any class for that matter. A full frost mage has to coldsnap to beat many good opponents
Akrios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:46 AM   #19
Rokzilla
Initiate

Rokzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the point of having a move if you don't use it? I always see these debates about rogues. Are you leet if you use CDs? Or is a skilled person someone who doesn't use their moves? Personally, I think a skilled rogue is one who uses their moves at the right time and whilst in the right place. You aren't good if you can win a duel by only using gouge/ss/kidney shot. That's just a person playing an under geared opponent. You need almost all your cooldowns when playing a competent geared opponent, including preparation, it looks like your wasting it when the fights over and your at 92% but that's the point. It'd be the opposite if you didn't use everything. But, there is a limit. Using cooldowns just because you can, when you don't need it is bad. But using the cooldowns right is required to win.
Rokzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:08 PM   #20
Daeo
Initiate

Daeo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairydude View Post
Those types of movies are actually called entertainment movies...
Lol
Daeo is offline   Reply With Quote