WCM Network: 

Go Back   mmorpgforum.net > Machinima > WarcraftMovies.com > Movie Making
Register Projects FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
Sheril
Initiate

Sheril is an unknown quantity at this point
I always make my video with 720P res(I only got a single core cpu),and just release my first video DVD album(2disc,PC and MPEG-2DVD),free to anyone as propagand of my video.As everybody knows,we often are watching videos in monitor with 19',20' even if 24'+ full HD size.It is uncomfortable if the video haven't got an enough res,so I do this way to solve the problem of slow download speed in China(umm,great population made that)in some degree.
And I think you could solve it in some similar way?DVD disc with HD file,or blueray disc with full HD movie for the most insane fans.(of couse not free.)
Through my practice,MOV format with high bitrate approximate the original file quality of the movie,(better than AVI)please take it into you consideration if you are likely to use disc

www.zinstudio.cn ,welcome.
Sheril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #12
Sheril
Initiate

umm,if a 1.5g video lasts 75min ,that means 20M per min.A 25FPS,400kbps Xvid-codec AVI video with 720*480 res is about 23M/min.
In fact 15~25M/min is a quite sensible area of compressing ratio.So it is wise to program 2 or 3 level of quality for various demand.
eg:10M/min 800*600 RM , 25M/min 960*540 WMV ,40M/min 1280*720 AVI

Old 09-30-2007, 06:36 PM   #13
Darkalus

Darkalus is unknown at this point
OMG! TotpIII on DVD! Just thinking of it makes my heart beat three times faster. Although I think it has to be free because of copyright issues.
Darkalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #14
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
Sheril, stop talking BS please.

WMV RM and MOV arent formats. All three of them are containers and all three of them are frigging leashed by $$ companies.

A .avi with a properly config'd xvid stream is still superior to everything but mkv/x264.

The fact that you're talking about FPS/res when you're trying to compare bitrate values isn't making it any less confusing.

edit: And 400 kbps (which fyi isn't nearly enough for wow material) = 3 megs a minute approximately. Not 23.

Last edited by Thiras : 09-30-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 AM   #15
Sheril
Initiate

Ok,I have a little off-topic.But I just talking about my experience and hope to give some help to others.If there are something wrong with it really,then I apologize to everyone,sincerely.
I know it may confused most people when comparing such many way of encoding,but I think is worthy to take the time on a great movie which is probably becomes the best in WoW all over the world.
Btw,the movie <Unlimited Escapism vol.3> has good video quality,it takes nearly 50M/min with 1280*528 res,25fps and 800 bitrate Xvid codec .AVI file.
I can make similar video quality by encoding a 720P .WMV with wmv9 codec,only taks 40M/min approximately.(of course ,both of us are free of high motion scences)I am sure the .AVI will take more space then other usually.

Thiras,I think to encode a .avi with xvid is one of the best ways too,but only in video quality and encoding speed. Could you provide some proper configuration of it which maintain the high quality and an acceptabe file size at the same time?Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sheril : 10-01-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #16
Thiras

Thiras is unknown at this point
First of all I'd like to apologize for the rude post I wrote, I'm sort of bad at restraining myself :/

Anyhow yeah, I wrote a guide a long time ago which should work: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/articleview.php?id=21

You should try using the 2 different quantization modes (MPEG/H.263) and see whichever works best for your video.

Er btw, bitrate = bits used per second. 800 kbps = 100 kB = 0.1 MB per second = 6 MB per minute. FPS and resolution don't have anything to do with it.
Thiras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:56 AM   #17
Sheril
Initiate

Ok,it still works,I will read and practise carefully first.

About bitrate ,I mean if higher res video have the same bitrate with another one lower res video,obviously the second one looks better than the first one.So we have to increase the bitrate when we enlarge the res of video. And the reason why I make mention of FPS is to specify the reference of my example,to show the unsolved problem of file size when use .AVI.

Last edited by Sheril : 10-01-2007 at 10:36 AM.